Download the Parent Pledge Directory
San Dieguito Alliance for Drug Free Youth invites you to take the Parent Pledge
"ALL EVENTS FOR YOUTH IN MY HOME WILL BE CHAPERONED AND FREE OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, MARIJUANA AND OTHER DRUGS."
The Parent Pledge is...
- ...Sponsored by San Dieguito Alliance, a nonprofit collaboration of parents, educators and community members committed to the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and other drug use by young people.
- Parent Pledges are compiled into a directory with parentsí names and phone numbers (no addresses). The directory is then returned to those who have signed the pledge so they may network.
Do you know?
- 50% of adolescent death is alcohol related and 75% of all preventable death is caused by alcohol and tobacco use. Average age for the inception of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use is 12.
- Communicating a clear and consistent family policy about alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use delays or prevents drug use.
- Notifying parents of suspected teen alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use is essential for immediate intervention.
- Teenage parties in our communities are being held without supervision, and alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drugs are readily available, sometimes provided by a parent or sibling.
- It is illegal to allow minors to drink at parties or other gatherings. Penalties may include a $1,000 fine, six months in prison and/or the cost of police services.
Download the Parent Pledge. [PDF 52KB]